Recipe from: Richard Hawley, Angostura Fan in Chicago. Recipe originally from “Desserts by Pierre Hermé”.
This Pawpaw Sorbet with Coconut Tulle & Angostura Foam dessert is great for a perfect ending to your fall dinner party (and guaranteed to impress).
Pawpaw Sorbet with Coconut Tuile & Angostura Foam
- 4 Pawpaws (you can substitute Mango if you don't have pawpaws in your area)
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 1 1/4 C shredded coconut
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp Lecithin
- Puree pawpaws and combine lemon juice, 1/4 c. sugar and brandy. Freeze according to ice cream maker directions.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine shredded coconut and 1/2 C sugar in food processor. Pulse to fine powder. Add egg whites and melted butter and combine. Drop 1 tsp of batter onto a nonstick cookie sheet and press out very thin (about 2 1/2 inch round). Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove immediately with thin spatula to cool.
- Combine Angostura® Aromatic Bitters and water in a small measuring cup. Add 1/8 tsp of lecithin. Whip vigorously (an electric milk frothing whip is best).
- On a small plate, place one coconut tuile cookie, then scoop pawpaws sorbet on top. Drizzle Angostura foam over the top to finish.