Recipe by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
The intriguing flavor of Angostura orange bitters gives this easy side dish a distinctive twist. A perfect match to serve with Angostura Chicken Tikka.
- 1 1/2 C long-grain white rice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Angostura® Orange Bitters
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 C shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/3 C chopped green onion
- Zest of one large orange
- Cook rice according to package directions, but without salt.
- Combine butter, Angostura, salt, nutmeg and cayenne in a small microwaveable bowl or measuring cup. Microwave until butter melts; stir well to dissolve salt.
- Transfer hot, cooked rice to a large bowl. Drizzle rice with melted butter mixture, stirring. Fold in coconut, green onion and orange zest. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 290 calories, 4g protein, 45g carb, 10g fat (7g sat. fat), 15mg chol, 500mg sodium, 2g fiber