Enjoy flavors of the Caribbean in our Banana Tart. Bitters make everything better.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 V all purpose flour
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp Angostura® Orange Bitters
- 1/2 C brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C evaporated milk
- Combine coconut milk powder with flour, add to creamed mixture to sitr to make a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about one hour.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness, cut 6 rounds with cutter about 4 inches in diameter. Bake in a preheated oven at 450F degrees for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to on oven to 375F.
- Combine bananas with orange bitters, arrange sliced bananas in a concentric circle over crust and bake for about 8 minutes until bananas are tender. Remove and cool.
- Make the glaze by melting butter in saucepan. Add corn syrup, Angostura® Aromatic Bitters, sugar and cook until melted and caramelized. Add milk and cook to a smooth consistency.
- Top tart with glaze before serving.