by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
A sensational flavor twist on an easy main dish. Try this Bitter Honey-Glazed sliced ham with our Better Biscuits with Bitters for a delicious breakfast slider!
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 3-4 lb boneless, fully-cooked smoked ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together honey, lemon juice and Angostura bitters.
- Score top of ham with a sharp knife; place in a small, shallow baking pan. Add a few tablespoons water to just cover the bottom of pan. Brush ham with glaze.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes, brushing with glaze often, until internal temperature is 145ºF. Serve sliced ham drizzled with remaining glaze.
Nutrition information per serving (3 lb ham): 260 calories, 33g protein, 19g carb, 5g fat, (0.5g sat. fat), 90mg chol, 1440mg sodium, 0g fiber