Celebrate Pancake Day on Tuesday, February 9th with fluffy golden pancakes infused with Angostura® aromatic bitters to mingle and marry flavors. Top with delicious Rum Butter Syrup made using Angostura 7 Year Rum. Check out our video that shows this delicious masterpiece being created!
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 - 6 dashes Angostura® aromatic bitters
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 C buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted, melted butter
- 1 C maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Angostura® 7 Year Rum
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and bitters.
- Mix together both dry and wet ingredients until combined - don't beat, hand mix preferably.
- Heat pan or griddle to a medium heat to avoid burning.
- Butter/grease the cooking surface and ladle in pancake batter as evenly as possible.
- Cook until you see the top start bubbling, then flip over.
- Pancakes should be light, fluffy and golden in color.
- In a small pan, heat syrup and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Add rum and stir well. Serve over hot pancakes.