Recipe by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
Recipe adapted from the cookbook, “The Taste That Changed the World,” by Wendy Rahamut.
Need a yummy side to compliment this dish? Look no further than our Orange Coconut Rice!
- 2 to 2-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (8-14 pieces)
- 2 C plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in a non-metallic container. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 18 hours, turning once.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet tray with foil and place a baking rack on the foil. Place chicken thighs on the rack, either flat or folded in half to make thicker pieces. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Serve with hot-cooked rice or couscous. Discard any remaining marinade or use as a sauce: place marinade in a small saucepan and boil for 1 full minute.
Nutrition information per serving (6 servings): 200 calories, 22g protein, 8g carb, 9g fat (3g sat. fat), 70mg chol, 340mg sodium, 0g fiber