Recipe by: Rita Held, Angostura USA Culinary Brand Ambassador
Give your pumpkin pie a flavor twist with Angostura orange bitters. It’s the perfect pumpkin partner because the flavor compliments and enhances the pie ingredients. This is now my go-to pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving, here we come!
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground clove
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp Angostura® orange bitters
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9” deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar with salt and spices. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, orange bitters, vanilla, and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie crust; bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool pie on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition information per serving (8): 303 calories, 13g fat (4.94g sat fat), 60mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 40g carb, 315mg sodium, 2.2g fiber