Talk show host personality Rachel Maddow appeared as a special guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, May 8th and taught Jimmy how to make an Old Fashioned. “We’re going to make a good drink. We’re going to make an Old Fashioned, the original way,” says Maddow.
She made sure to note that her bitters of choice is, in fact, Angostura® Aromatic Bitters. “Don’t buy some fancy artesian bitters,” she says.
Take a look at the video clip and tell us: do you agree with the way Maddow made the classic Old Fashioned?
- Sugar Cube
- Dashes of Angostura® Aromatic Bitters, to taste
- 2.5 oz Whiskey, Rye, or Bourbon
- Muddle sugar and Angostura® Aromatic Bitters .
- Add whiskey, then ice cubes.
- Stir with bar spoon and garnish with lemon peel.