by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
A springtime tradition takes on a new twist with the addition of Angostura® Aromatic Bitters. Yes, bitters. Similar to our Classic Quiche, bitters brings out the best in eggs – a real flavor enhancer.
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated Pecorino-Romano or other tangy cheese
- 1 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 1 tsp mustard powder or Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 hard cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp finely diced celery
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
- Salt to taste
- Paprika (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, grated cheese, Angostura bitters, mustard (if using), and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, celery and onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly. Stir in mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt to taste, and add more cayenne pepper if desired.
- Spoon into egg-white halves. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information per serving (without mustard): 65.8 calories, 5.5 g fat (1.2 g fat, sat), 95.7mg chol, 3.4g pro, 0.4g carb, 57.4mg sodium, 0g fiber