It was this cocktail that helped land Jonathan Ross a place in the Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge Finals. A cocktail that was crafted to perfection in three days. Three days, endless trial and error and no sleep until it was complete. Finally, the Hunting Dog. Ross immediately began working on the creation of the drink when he learned of his spot in the Global Cocktail Challenge Canadian Finals. He combined fruit and citrus liqueurs, syrups and juices to create a refreshing cocktail. Simple, but complex. It was a complete 180 from the heavier, rum-based cocktail he featured, but showed off his diverse skill set. And with a love for the outdoors, it’s no surprise Ross took inspiration from nature for this “Hunting Dog.”
It is the cocktail he is of most proud of in his career so if you’re looking to try an award-winning drink, make sure you check this one out.
- 1.5 oz Armagnac X.O.
- 0.5 oz Lillet Rouge
- 1/3 oz Burnt Orange Syrup
- 0.25 oz Luxardo Maraschino
- 1/8 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Dashes Angostura® Orange Bitters
- Pour all ingredients in the small tin of a shaker.
- Add ice in the big tin then blend using the Cuban Roll method.
- Fine strain over one large ice cube into a double Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.