- 1-1/2 C Greek-style yogurt (2% fat)
- 2 C 2% milk
- 2 C semisweet, bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cream sherry
- 2 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 C finely chopped toasted pecans
- Place yogurt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add all but 1/2 C of the milk, whisking after each addition until smooth. Add chocolate chips, sugar, sherry and Angostura® Aromatic Bitters. Over medium heat, whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, 7-10 minutes. Do not overheat. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- While chocolates melts, stir gelatin into remaining 1/2 C milk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir again and microwave on high 1 minute or until very hot. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, then stir into saucepan. Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes. Add pecans. Pour into individual ramekins, or brandy or martini glasses. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
If using bittersweet chocolate chips with a cacao percentage on the label, taste panna cotta while it’s still hot and stir in additional sugar if desired.
Whole milk and yogurt may be used for this recipe.
Nutrition information per serving (using 2% milk): 440 calories, 8g protein, 50g carb, 23g fat (10g sat. fat), 10mg chol, 65mg sodium, 4g fiber