by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
Recipe adapted from the cookbook, “The Taste That Changed the World,” by Wendy Rahamut.
- 4 beef steaks of choice, 3/4 - 1” thick
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 2 Tbsp Angostura® 5 Yr. rum
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- In a small bowl, combine Angostura® Aromatic Bitters, rum, garlic and cayenne. Place steaks in a single layer in a shallow baking dish; add marinade. Turn steaks to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Barbecue or grill steaks to desired doneness, basting with marinade. Transfer steaks to plates; grind pepper over top and season with salt. Serve with slices of mango and/or honeydew melon. Discard any remaining marinade.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories, 21g protein, 22g carb, 5g fat (2g sat. fat), 60mg chol, 140mg sodium, 2g fiber