Recipe by: Rita Held, Angostura Culinary Ambassador
Angostura® Aromatic Bitters adds a rich flavor dimension to the chicken and barbecue sauce in this easy, kid-friendly recipe.
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3-4” long strips
- 1/2 C cornmeal
- 1-2 Tbsp cajun seasoning bend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Add 1 tsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters to 1/2 C of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients, adding a splash of hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, turning chicken at least once.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a large sheet pan.
- In a small bowl stir together cornmeal, Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- One by one, dip chicken strips in breading to coat; shake off excess and place strips on sheet pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with BBQ dip.
Nutrition information per serving (about 3 strips): 150 calories, 4.5g fat (1g sat. fat), 45mg chol, 17g protein, 10g carb, 310mg sodium, 0g fiber