It’s that time of year where there’s nothing better than a hot cup of soup on a cool day! We’ve found some great recipes in The Secret of Good Taste: The Angostura Cook Book, where soups are described as “a noble dish.”
Properly prepared, with the major thought given to flavoring and seasoning, it is no humble fare.
See below for a sneak peek into the chapter of soups and our spotlight on the Home Made Vegetable Soup. To see the entire chapter and peruse delicious soup recipes made with Angostura bitters, visit the album on our Facebook page!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless stew meat
- 2 qts cold water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 C pre-cooked navy beans
- 2 parsnips, quartered lengthwise
- 4 carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 4 stalks celery, quartered lengthwise
- 2 large onions, quartered, or 2 leeks
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 C canned tomatoes or 4 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place meat and bone in kettle of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender. Remove meat and bone and skim fat off broth. Add vegetables to broth and simmer 1/2 hour. Return meat to soup and stir in Angostura® Aromatic Bitters. Adjust seasonings and heat 10 minutes.